Rome is known for its delicious pizza, and there are many great pizzerias to choose from. Here are some recommendations for where to find the best pizza in Rome:
- Pizzarium: This pizzeria in the Prati neighborhood is famous for its gourmet pizza by the slice. The toppings are inventive and made with high-quality ingredients.
- La Montecarlo: This pizzeria in the Testaccio neighborhood serves wood-fired pizza that is crispy and flavorful. The Margherita and Marinara pizzas are particularly good.
- Da Remo: This traditional pizzeria in the Testaccio neighborhood is a favorite among locals. The pizza is made with a thin crust and fresh, simple toppings.
- Dar Poeta: This pizzeria in the Trastevere neighborhood is known for its delicious Neapolitan-style pizza. The crust is soft and chewy, and the toppings are classic and tasty.
- Sforno: This pizzeria in the Torre Maura neighborhood serves Roman-style pizza, which has a thicker crust than Neapolitan-style pizza. The toppings are fresh and flavorful.
These are just a few options for delicious pizza in Rome. As with any restaurant, it’s always a good idea to check reviews and ask locals for recommendations.
Pizza Margherita is a traditional Neapolitan pizza that consists of a thin crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil. It is named after Queen Margherita of Savoy, who visited Naples in 1889 and was served a pizza with the colors of the Italian flag: red (tomato sauce), white (mozzarella cheese), and green (basil).
The pizza dough is typically made with flour, yeast, water, and salt, and is left to rise for several hours before being stretched and topped with tomato sauce and cheese. The pizza is then baked in a wood-fired oven at high heat for just a few minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Pizza Margherita is a simple yet delicious pizza that highlights the flavors of fresh, high-quality ingredients. It is a classic pizza that has become popular all over the world, and it is often used as a benchmark to judge the quality of a pizzeria.