Ten things to do on our vacation in Toronto
- Visit the CN Tower: This iconic landmark offers stunning views of the city and surrounding areas from its observation deck. You can also try the EdgeWalk, which is a thrilling experience where you walk along the edge of the tower.
- Explore the Royal Ontario Museum: This museum has a vast collection of artifacts, ranging from natural history to art. It’s a great place to spend a day, especially if you have an interest in history or culture.
- Take a walk in High Park: This large park offers plenty of green space, trails, and a zoo. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
- Visit the Art Gallery of Ontario: This museum has a fantastic collection of Canadian and international art, including works by the Group of Seven and other prominent artists.
- Take a ferry to the Toronto Islands: These islands offer a peaceful escape from the city, with parks, beaches, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities like kayaking or biking.
- Check out the St. Lawrence Market: This historic market has been around for over 200 years and offers a variety of fresh food and artisanal products. It’s a great place to grab a snack or a souvenir.
- Take a food tour of Toronto: Toronto is known for its diverse and delicious food scene, with everything from street vendors to fine dining restaurants. A food tour is a great way to sample the best of what the city has to offer.
- Visit the Distillery District: This historic area has been transformed into a pedestrian-only village with plenty of shops, restaurants, and galleries. It’s a great place to explore and take some photos.
- Catch a game or concert at the Scotiabank Arena: This arena is home to the Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, and plenty of other sports teams and performers. It’s a great place to catch a game or concert if you’re a fan.
- Visit the Casa Loma: This castle-like mansion offers a glimpse into Toronto’s past, with elegant rooms, secret passageways, and stunning views of the city. It’s a great place to visit if you’re interested in history or architecture.
Hotels and restaurants in Toronto
- The Ritz-Carlton Toronto: This luxurious hotel is located in the heart of downtown and offers elegant rooms and suites, a spa, a fitness center, and a rooftop lounge with beautiful views of the city.
- The Fairmont Royal York: This iconic hotel has been a Toronto landmark for over 90 years and offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as restaurants, a spa, and a fitness center.
- The Four Seasons Hotel Toronto: This stylish hotel is located in the trendy Yorkville neighborhood and features spacious rooms and suites, a spa, a fitness center, and a rooftop bar.
- The Shangri-La Hotel Toronto: This modern hotel offers chic rooms and suites, a spa, a fitness center, and a restaurant with panoramic views of the city.
- The InterContinental Toronto Centre: This centrally located hotel offers comfortable rooms and suites, a spa, a fitness center, and a restaurant with views of the CN Tower.
- Canoe: This fine dining restaurant offers contemporary Canadian cuisine with stunning views of the city from its 54th floor location.
- Alo: This intimate restaurant offers French-inspired tasting menus using local and seasonal ingredients.
- Richmond Station: This casual restaurant offers elevated comfort food using locally sourced ingredients.
- Buca: This popular Italian restaurant offers house-made pasta, wood-fired pizza, and a variety of dishes showcasing the flavors of Italy.
- Pai: This trendy Thai restaurant offers authentic and flavorful dishes, including curries, noodles, and seafood.
- Bar Isabel: This Spanish-inspired restaurant and bar offers a variety of small plates and creative cocktails in a lively atmosphere.
- Terroni: This casual Italian restaurant offers a variety of classic dishes, including pizza, pasta, and antipasti, in a cozy atmosphere.
How to get to Toronto the fastest
The fastest way to get to Toronto will depend on your starting location and the transportation options available to you. Here are some options to consider:
By Air: If you are coming from a long distance, flying to Toronto is probably the fastest option. Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is the city’s main airport and is located about 22 kilometers (14 mi) northwest of downtown Toronto. From the airport, you can take a taxi, rideshare or public transport to your destination.
By train: VIA Rail Canada operates trains between major Canadian cities, including Toronto. The fastest train is VIA Rail’s Corridor route, which runs between Toronto and Montreal or Toronto and Ottawa. Travel time is about 4 to 5 hours from Montreal or Ottawa.
By Bus: Several bus companies offer service to Toronto from cities in Canada and the United States. Greyhound and Megabus are two popular bus companies that offer daily service to Toronto from many major cities in Canada and the US.
By Car: If you’re driving, Toronto is easily accessible from major highways, including Highway 401, which runs east-west through the city. However, be aware that traffic can be heavy, especially during rush hour.
It’s important to note that the “fastest” option may not always be the most convenient or cost-effective, so be sure to consider all your options and weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.