With a camera and 200$ around Europe
Traveling around Europe can be expensive, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your passion for photography. With a camera and a budget of $200, you can still capture the beauty of the continent and create lasting memories. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make the most of your budget while exploring Europe’s most photogenic destinations.
- Choose Affordable Accommodations
Accommodations can be one of the biggest expenses when traveling, but there are plenty of budget-friendly options available. Consider staying in hostels or guesthouses, which offer shared rooms or dormitories at a fraction of the cost of hotels. You can also try using couchsurfing websites, where locals offer free accommodations to travelers in exchange for cultural exchange.
- Use Public Transportation
One of the best ways to save money while traveling is to use public transportation instead of taxis or private cars. Most European cities have extensive public transportation networks that include buses, trams, and metros. You can also consider renting a bike, which is a cheap and eco-friendly way to explore a new city.
- Pack Lightly
When traveling on a budget, it’s important to pack only the essentials. This not only helps you save on luggage fees but also makes it easier to move around. A good camera, a few lenses, and a tripod should be enough to capture stunning photos. Remember to also pack comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the climate.
- Explore Free Attractions
Europe is home to some of the world’s most famous attractions, but many of them charge admission fees. Instead, focus on exploring free attractions such as public parks, museums, and street art. These can offer just as much beauty and culture as the more popular tourist spots, without costing a cent.
- Capture Local Life
Some of the best photos come from capturing the everyday life of locals. Head to local markets, parks, and neighborhoods to see the real side of a city. Try to learn a few basic phrases in the local language to help you connect with people and capture candid shots.
- Edit Your Photos
Once you’ve captured your photos, it’s time to edit them to bring out their full potential. There are plenty of free editing software available, such as GIMP and Canva. Experiment with color, contrast, and saturation to create stunning images that showcase the beauty of Europe.
In conclusion, traveling around Europe with a camera and a budget of $200 may seem daunting, but it’s definitely possible. With the right planning and mindset, you can capture the beauty of the continent without breaking the bank. Follow these tips to create a memorable and affordable travel experience that you’ll never forget.
Top destinations in Europe
Europe is a vast continent with countless destinations worth visiting. However, here are some of the top destinations that offer a variety of experiences:
- Paris, France – The City of Love is famous for its stunning architecture, art museums, delicious food, and romantic atmosphere. Highlights include the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, and Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- Rome, Italy – The Eternal City is known for its rich history, ancient ruins, and delicious cuisine. Must-visit attractions include the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Vatican City.
- Barcelona, Spain – This vibrant city offers a unique blend of modern architecture, stunning beaches, and lively nightlife. Be sure to visit the iconic Sagrada Familia and Park Guell.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – This charming city is famous for its picturesque canals, historic buildings, and coffee shops. Highlights include the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, and the Red Light District.
- Berlin, Germany – This city has a rich history and a vibrant art scene. Top attractions include the Berlin Wall, the Brandenburg Gate, and the Pergamon Museum.
- Athens, Greece – The birthplace of democracy and ancient civilization, Athens is a must-visit destination for history buffs. The Acropolis, Parthenon, and Temple of Olympian Zeus are just a few of the highlights.
- Edinburgh, Scotland – This city is famous for its stunning architecture, rich history, and literary heritage. Be sure to visit Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, and the Scott Monument.
- Vienna, Austria – The city of music is famous for its stunning architecture, classical music, and delicious pastries. Top attractions include the Schonbrunn Palace, the Vienna State Opera, and St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- Reykjavik, Iceland – This small city is known for its stunning natural beauty, including geothermal hot springs, glaciers, and the Northern Lights. Top attractions include the Blue Lagoon, the Golden Circle, and the Hallgrimskirkja Church.
- Santorini, Greece – This stunning Greek island is famous for its white-washed buildings, stunning sunsets, and crystal-clear waters. Highlights include the picturesque villages of Oia and Fira, the Red Beach, and the Akrotiri Archaeological Site.
These are just a few of the many amazing destinations that Europe has to offer. Whatever your interests and budget, there’s something for everyone in this diverse and beautiful continent.